See and do
Perched on an impressive basaltic peak, the castle of Calmont d'Olt the historic monument dominates the Lot valley. Its silhouette leaves you in no doubt as to the military vocation of its ramparts built during the Hundred Years' War. Shows and live demonstrations with siege machines, an architecture discovery circuit, the "knights" game for children, and weapons and archeological exhibitions.
On the road of St Jacques de Compostelle, built in 1700, derelict abd then renovated from 2001, the Chapel of the White Penitents, with a brotherhood going back to 1668, is distinguished by its facade with a door framed with "refends" and crowned with an arched pediment. An oculus and two windows surround a niche with a statue of the H. Virgin.
The Romanesque church of Perse, built between the late 11th century and the start of the 12th. The church of Perse was the parish church of Espalion until the construction in the 15th century of the church Saint-Jean-Baptiste (currently Musées des Arts et Traditions populaires et du Scaphandre) at the centre of the fortified town. The church of Perse was located on one of the roads of Compostelle from Puy-en-Velay to Conques.