Site du Calvaire, OFFICE DE TOURISME REGIONAL DE VILLEFRANCHE DE ROUERGUE

Heritage

Villefranche-de-Rouergue

Site du Calvaire

Exceptional site whose origin is a protohistory fortification of 20 acres. Oppidum Gaulois a double fortification. Castellum after the conquest by Caesar on the Roman road.
Church of St Jean Baptiste that was the first parsh of Villefranche de Rouergue in 1281 until 1301. The building's origins go back to 767. Chapelle du St Sépulcre built in 1715 by the Blue Penitents demolished in the Revolution and re-built in 1807 by the Black Penitents. Access via the Roman road, viewpoint indicator enabling a view over the bastide and historical buildings of the region right to the heart of Quercy to be discovered.

Capacities & Services

Languages : FR

Equipments and services

  • Access for the handicapped
  • Car park
  • Coach parking
  • Free guided tour for groups
  • Free guided tour for groups
  • Pets allowed
  • Picnic area
  • Prestation - En partie à l'extérieur et en partie couverte
  • Shop
  • TV
  • Wifi / Internet

Rates

Rates

Tarifs 2019

  • Free

Location

Les Amis du Calvaire de Saint-jean d'Aigremont
Le Calvaire
St Jean d'Aigremont
12200 Villefranche-de-Rouergue
lat. 44.347580 - lon. 2.050550

Contacts

Establishment


  • share :