Notre établissement met tout en oeuvre pour vous accueillir en toute sécurité
Château de Saint-Izaire et Musée de l'Archerie
Fortified castle from the 14th century whose impressive sandstone walls hide the refinement of its internal decoration.
Formerly a bishop's summer palace, this building is a listed Historic Monument that has kept some of its original features when the bishops had a way of life similar to the great feudal lords.
20 rooms to discover during the visit: Museum of rural art and traditional archery. Reconstruction of a classroom, an ancient kitchen and the bishop's chamber dating from the 17th century. Free visits with guide book/information sheet. Discovery game for accompanied children from 6 to 12 years old. Duration: 1 hour
HEALTH INSTRUCTIONS (dated June 06 2020)
• During peak periods, entries to the castle will be regulated to allow a smooth flow of visitors. Groups of more than ten people will be split up to ensure sanitary health conditions within indoor spaces.
• We highly recommend you to wear a fitted mask (covering nose and mouth) throughout the visit to avoid any risk of spreading the virus from one person to another if safe distancing cannot be implemented.
• A one-way system has been specified to guarantee a smooth flow of people, to avoid them from passing each other. It is incumbent upon each person to regulate his or her speed of progression. During the visit, despite the layout of the circuit, three points where people pass each other remain (landing – staircase – corridor) but which are wide enough to ensure physical distancing. In the staircase, priority is given to people going downstairs.
• The handing of collector's items is forbidden! Even though all contact areas (door handles – ropes – guidebooks – handrails and others are disinfected on a regular basis, the collector's items are not. A hydro alcoholic solution set up in several points throughout the visit is at your disposal.
• Upon leaving the castle, you will be asked to leave your name and telephone number to comply with our adequate health monitoring obligations, in case of any future alert. These contact details will only be kept for two months.
Capacities & Services
Equipments and services
- Car park
- Free guided tour for groups
- Guided tours
- Pets allowed
- Picnic area
- Prestation - En partie à l'extérieur et en partie couverte
- Special events rentals
- Visite libre
- Wifi / Internet
- Evening activities
- Temporary exhibitions
- Trekking trail
Opening & Prices
- Open today from 14h00 to 17h00
- from 04 january 2021 to 30 april 2021
Monday : from 14h00 to 17h00
Thursday : from 14h00 to 17h00
Wenesday : from 14h00 to 17h00
Tuesday : from 14h00 to 17h00
Friday : from 14h00 to 17h00
- from 03 april 2021 to 05 april 2021
- from 01 may 2021 to 30 june 2021
- from 01 july 2021 to 31 august 2021
- from 01 october 2021 to 31 december 2021
- Adult elf guided tour : 5,00€
- Free : Free
- Adult group self guided tour : 4,00€
- Children self guided tour : 2,00€
Methods of payment
Cheque - Holiday voucher - Cash
- share :