Back
Chapelle des Pénitents Noirs, OFFICE DE TOURISME INTERCANTONAL SAINT GENIEZ  / CAMPAGNAC

Heritage

St-Geniez-d'Olt-et-d'Aubrac

Chapelle des Pénitents Noirs

In 1672 the Augustine monks transfer part of their land to the Penitents de la Misericorde brotherhood. The latter, better known as the Black Penitents, referring to the colour of their cloaks, finished their chapel in 1705. It is dedicated to Saint Jean Baptiste.

Location

Chapelle des Pénitents Noirs
rue du Cours
St-Geniez-d'Olt
12130 St-Geniez-d'Olt-et-d'Aubrac
lat. 44.465141 - lon. 2.972029

Contacts

Establishment

  • Chapelle des Pénitents Noirs
    rue du Cours
    St-Geniez-d'Olt
    12130 St-Geniez-d'Olt-et-d'Aubrac


  • share :