Visite guidée du château de Bournazel, Aveyron © A. Arnal - Tourisme Aveyron
Visite guidée du château de Bournazel

Heritage in Aveyron
all sites to visit

342 results

Gîte d'étape communal d'Aubrac - La Tour des Anglais

St-Chély-d'Aubrac

Aubrac, 'Alto Braco' in an old local patois, meaning 'the high place' is located on the Aubrac Plateau at 4422 feet altitude. The village, a very rich place historically speaking, is listed as a Historic Monument and is a stop-over on the Way of St. James. The stop-over gîte is hidding in a tower dating from the 14th century, built as a protection against the English during the Hundred Years War.

TOUR DE PEYREBRUNE

Alrance

A thousand year old tower proudly dominating the Alrance Valley and its lake. You will find a 76 acre site with numerous picnic tables, walking circuits, riding ring...

Collégiale Notre Dame

Villefranche-de-Rouergue

Started in 1260, a few years after the Bastide was founded, the construction was finished at the end of the 15th century with the building of the belfry.

Chapelle des Pénitents Blancs

Espalion

On the road of St Jacques de Compostelle, built in 1700, derelict abd then renovated from 2001, the Chapel of the White Penitents, with a brotherhood going back to 1668, is distinguished by its facade with a door framed with "refends" and crowned with an arched pediment. An oculus and two windows surround a niche with a statue of the H. Virgin.

Chapelle de St Meen

Peux-et-Couffouleux

Free visit to the chapel of St Meen

Village de caractère- Saint Grégoire

Sévérac-d'Aveyron

A discovery outside the beaten track...Saint Grégoire is a fabulous hamlet, on the flank of the hill and looking out over the Olip valley. While strolling you will discover numerous medieval buildings and you will be surprised by its church and impressive belltower... A must during your holidays in the Aveyron!

Château du Bosc - Demeure de Toulouse-Lautrec

Camjac

The family château of the famous painter Toulouse Lautrec: a richly furnished mediaeval château that has always been in the painter's family. Le Bosc is open everyday of the year from 9am to 7pm.

Château de Taurines

Centrès

13th-14th century château restored by the Association for the Animation du Château de Taurines, in association with the "Compagnons du Devoir" travelling professional craftsmen and women.

Village médiéval de Castelnau-Pégayrols

Castelnau-Pégayrols

Visit of the mediaeval village: 12th century hydraulic system, Romanesque priory (11-12th century), abbey-church (11-12th century), parish church (11-12th century), ramparts.

Spectacle scénographique "Sauveterre au 16ème siècle"

Sauveterre-de-Rouergue

Audiovisual show with model presenting life in Sauveterre in the 16th century and giving the keys to understanding the history of the Bastide. At the heart of the welcome area in the Office de Tourisme.

Village fortifié de Vimenet

Vimenet

The association "L'Eau et la Pierre" propose a 2h guided tour of the medieval village of Vimenet by appointment for groups. Guided tours in summer (enquire) or by appointment for groups. Bookings: Tourism Office : +33 5 65 70 71 30.

Chapelle des gabariers et village

Livinhac-le-Haut

Church in the center of Laroque Bouillac with ecclesiastical garments, cross classified and tryptic of Hervé Vernhes

Eglise pré-romane de Toulongergues

Villeneuve

In July and August, plunge into history by coming into this church, closed the rest of the year. Its 11th century frescos make it one of the oldest Christian buildings in the Western world.

Eglise de Brommat

Brommat

In the heart of the village, late 15th century church that replaced the old Romanesque church. The Abbé (head abbot) in Conques appointed the prior to run the parish and the domain. Major works undertaken in 1601. magnificent 18th century altarpiece.

Eglise Russe

Sylvanès

Above the priory of the Granges, in an ecumenical spirit nestles a surprising wooded church in Russian orthodox style, a real "wooded cathedral" worthy of those of Kiji.

Chapelle du Saint-Voile

Coupiac

Chapel decorated with Neo-Byzantine frescos by Nicolaï GRESCHNY.

Eglise romane de Perse

Espalion

The Romanesque church of Perse, built between the late 11th century and the start of the 12th. The church of Perse was the parish church of Espalion until the construction in the 15th century of the church Saint-Jean-Baptiste (currently Musées des Arts et Traditions populaires et du Scaphandre) at the centre of the fortified town. The church of Perse was located on one of the roads of Compostelle from Puy-en-Velay to Conques.

  • share :