Village de Nant, Mairie Nant

Heritage

Nant

Village de Nant

Between Causses and Cévennes, the village of Nant nestles in the heart of a green valley at the confluence of two rivers: the Dourbie and the Durzon.

From the 10th century, Benedictine monks drained this marshy site by creating a network of channels that still run through the village and have meant that Nant is called "the garden of the Aveyron". Until the suppression of the abbey by royal decree in 1777, life in the village was organised around monastic life whose irrigation work enables the agricultural boom. The richness of the local heritage merits more than just a brief stop: 11th and 12th century abbey-church of Saint Pierre, the 14th century church of Saint Jacques, the 17th and 18th century Penitents' chapel, the Mairie, the Halle and the Roc Nantais, the 14th century La Prade bridge.

Opening

opening times

    from 01 january 2020 to 31 december 2020


Location

Village de Nant
Chapelle des Pénitents
12230 Nant
lat. 44.021931 - lon. 3.302523

Contacts

Establishment


  • share :