ROQUEFORT LE VIEUX BERGER
Handmade, the Combes Roquefort cheese is best known under the brand "Le Vieux Berger". As the baby brother of the Roquefort cheese industry, this family run firm was created in 1923 and has the distinctive feature of having a know how that has been handed down for 3 generations
In the Farguettes dairy, located near Rodez, the whole cheese manufacturing process is by hand: simple and traditional methods that make a quality cheese.
Then, in the Roquefort cave, ventilated by long natural fissures in the rock called fleurines which produce a cool and humid air, the Roquefort wheels slowly mature on oaken boards. At this stage, the master cheese maker's ripening skills are essential to determine the ripeness of the Vieux Berger. Free self-guided visit in a tunnel provided with information boards and openings that give a view onto the packaging workshops, followed by a film on the Combes family history and showing the traditional manufacturing of the Vieux Berger.
Capacity; : 50 Person(s)
Video room :
GPS coordinates lat. 43° 58' 46" - long. 2° 58' 44"
From 02 january 2017 to 31 december 2017
- Lundi (9:00 - 11:30 et 14:00 - 17:30)
- Mardi (9:00 - 11:30 et 14:00 - 17:30)
- Mercredi (9:00 - 11:30 et 14:00 - 17:30)
- Jeudi (9:00 - 11:30 et 14:00 - 17:30)
- Vendredi (9:00 - 11:30 et 14:00 - 16:30)
- Product tasting
- Physical impairment
- Car park
- Coach parking
- Access for the handicapped
- Prestation - Totalement couverte
- Self-guided tours
- Self-guided tour for groups
- Free guided tour for groups
Rates and reservations
- Debit card